Tuesday, February 16, 2010

February!

Today is Ryann's 16th birthday. It's crazy! I mean, with how much time I spend with Nick and over at that house, along with work, I kind of see her as a sister. The real sister I never had, you know? And now she's SIXTEEN. WAT. I mean, it's like, POOF, everyone that is really close to me is just...old. Pete started driving a few months ago, and Ryann's next. Goodness it's almost terrifying.

February is a busy month this year. Valentine's Day (stupid), Ryann's Birthday (not stupid), and Nick's Birthday (also not stupid but frustrating because it's his birthday lol).

Top that on with the fact that the whole month is devoted to the stupid commercialized holiday, it's almost stressful. However, I'm not loaded with homework, and I've got plenty of time between my classes that allows me to get all of my work done. Today I have written a 3-page paper and read a few chapters of my book in my time between my classes.

Speaking of classes, I got 100% on my math test from last week, and 96% on my Criminology exam from last Thursday. Overall, my grades are soaring, and it's so relieving to know that even after a semester not in school, I can still keep my habit of doing all my homework, studying, and getting good grades.

Back to the topic of February.

It's all about love, isn't it? It's so insanely frustrating to have a stupid holiday that emphasizes the whole telling-someone-you-love-them. Valentine's Day, making singles feel like shit since...FOREVER.

The thing about love is that everyone has their own warped versions of it. Some people are so incredibly controlling, some laid back, and some are so obsessive that the idea of life without love scares them.

Sure, those are all extremes, but I don't think that everyone really understands what love really is.

It's patient and kind, doesn't envy, doesn't boast, and isn't proud. Love isn't self-seeking, not easily angered, and doesn't keep any records of wrong. Love rejoices with the truth.

Love always protects, always trusts, always hopes, and always perseveres.

Love never fails.

Now that kind of destroys all of those extremes, don't you think? The jealous person is envious. The obsessive person is easily angered. The controlling person doesn't trust and keeps all those records of wrongs. A lot of people would recognize this definition of love from the Bible. First Corinthians 13, to be exact. But the thing is, you don’t even have to be religious to see the importance of it.
I mean, just because you’re not religious, doesn’t mean that you don’t have to be patient with someone. It doesn’t mean you can be jealous or proud about your love. Does that make sense?

I mean, sure, they go in all different ways, but you get the idea. The world has corrupted what love should be. What love actually IS. I mean, I have my own version of it, and how I see it, and the next person sees it as something completely different.
I understand the usage of pet names. But they’re sick. What’s good about being called ‘baby’? What’s cute about being considered someone’s “baby girl”? I mean, honestly, doesn’t that become some sick sort of incest? Sweetums, babe, sweetie…the like…they just...sicken me. It makes it seem so…vile. I mean, there’s nothing really wrong with telling someone they’re sweet, but making a name out of it just seems wrong. It’s especially irritating if it comes into play like a week after people get together. “I’ll come over after school, babe.” Just sounds wrong.
I was called princess by a guy once. It drove me mad. It’s cute coming from your parents until you reach the age of 8, but seriously? Unless your parents are calling you baby, or your mom is calling you “sweetie”, it just seems so…wrong. So don’t, seriously. Or at least, not in my presence.
Another thing that frustrates me beyond belief is insane PDAs. Look, I know I’ve done it, but once I began to have to see other people, it starts to gross me out. I don’t care about holding hands or a kiss here and there, but when you full-out make out and start dry humping in my presence, I won’t feel bad about getting up and leaving without a second glance. It’s just…..ew. And grabbing your girl’s butt when there’s people around? I can’t help but just want to grab your balls and crush them. It’s something that needs to stay in the bedroom or at least be somewhat secretive about. Ugh. Just typing about it is bothering me.

I love love. I love thinking about love. Love in general is spectacular. I’m not simply stating that because of my feelings in it, but because it makes everyone around happy. It makes the world a brighter place. Love is…Well, it just IS. There are different kinds of people in this world, but love is what makes us really become ourselves in the end. Love brings out the true colors of a person, be they a practical/logical person, a player, an obsessive person, or simply an irrational person.

Personally, I like to think that I’m the practical person.

If you just read this whole thing, props to you, my friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment